HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!
WOW! 2019 – I still remember the millennium like it was only last year! Oh how time flies!
So with it being a new year, comes yet another “new year, new me and new years resolutions” post. I know, I know – you only stick to your resolutions for about 2 months and then forget they ever existed! But not this year! This year I am going to make a promise to myself that I will stick to each and every one of my resolutions until the clock strikes midnight on 31st December 2019.
Now before I go on to tell you all what my resolutions are, I will say this – some of them are pretty basic and probably shouldn’t be a resolution at all. But, this is where the whole new year, new me comes into play! Okay, in no particular order, here are my 2019 resolutions –
- Commit to exercising AT LEAST 3 times a week. I signed up to the gym back in July and for the first 2 months I was so committed and motivated. Then the weather got colder, the evenings got darker, and the tea & biscuits sounded more appealing than getting into my gym gear to sweat my tits off in a spin class. BUT THAT’S ALL CHANGED! This year is all about working on my bride bod, because after all – I AM GETTING MARRIED NEXT YEAR!! So no more Mrs Lard Arse, it will be gym, gym, gym for the next year and you won’t hear me moan about it – I hope.
- Eat healthier! Less takeaways, more home-cooking. Less crap food, more fruit & veg! So alongside getting fit, I need to get healthier. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not like we indulge on takeaway food on a weekly basis but I really would like to cut it down to just one takeaway a month. And instead of heading straight to the biscuit tin when I am feeling a bit peckish, I need to train myself to head to the fruit bowl.
- Drink 2 litres of water a day! I am pretty good when it comes to drinking water anyway but I don’t think I drink anywhere near as much as I should.
- Get better with money. Honesty moment, I am crap with money!! I am one of those people who will get paid, and a week later be straight in their overdraft with no idea what they did with all their money? This year, I want to set myself aside a budget of what I can spend, and try to save some pennies too!
- Have regular monthly date nights with Adam. It doesn’t matter how long a couple has been together, date nights are a must. Even if it is something as simple as dinner or going to the cinema, these moments are important. And towards the end of last year, me and Adam slacked a bit on the date night thing so I want to nip that in the bud and get us going out as a couple again.
- Keep my home clean & tidy. Gone are the days where I would let a washing pile build up and up and up, I now want to be a house-proud lady and have people come in and be like “wow you have 3 dogs but your house is so pristine!” I will be getting my Mrs Hinch head on and setting myself daily, weekly, monthly and yearly chores!
- Make time for me everyday. Sometimes, in this very busy life, we forget to make some time for ourselves. I am a prime example of that. If I’m not at work, I’m either doing the rounds with spray tans or walking the dogs or cleaning the house. So as of this year, I am going to take a moment every day to just enjoy me.
- Be more productive. I am one of these people who will have a million and one things to do, but because I can’t focus on getting one thing done at a time and try to tackle the lot in one go, I end up not doing any of it! My solution? Start everyday with writing a to do list, and tackle each job day by day.
- Get into a skin care routine. It sounds ridiculous but this is probably the one I am going to struggle with the most! I am SUPER lazy when it comes to skin care, I literally take my make-up off with a face wipe, and then slap a load of moisturiser on. But I don’t think this is actually doing my skin any good so I want to research into a skin brand that will suit me and really get into a daily/nightly routine with improving my skin.
- See friends more. I have some friends that I see on a monthly, or sometimes even fortnightly basis. But I also have some friends that I might only be lucky to see once or twice a year, and these are people who I still consider to be good friends. I want to change that and make sure I see all my special friends, those ones that give you all the good feels, regularly!
- Listen to podcasts. I’ve never really understood what a podcast is, or why you would rather listen to someone else ramble on instead of reading a good book? But everyone raves about them, so I figured I would give it a go this year and see if it’s something I can enjoy.
- Find some hobbies! I wanted to work with the 3 hobby rule; 1) one to make me money, 2) one to stay in shape and 3) one to be creative. Now number 1 and 2 are already easy for me, I run a spray tanning business which is a kind of hobby too and that earns me a bit of extra cash, and if you go back to resolution number 1, I am going to be committing myself to the gym and classes 3 times a week! So two down, and one to go – now I just need to find something creative to do!
So there, my new years resolutions. They aren’t exactly adventurous but they are all personal and important to me, and I am going to work really hard at sticking to them.
Did you make any resolutions this year? I would love to hear them!
Thanks for reading.