As a spray tan therapist, one of the questions I get asked a lot is “how can I make my spray tan last longer?”
When you book a spray tan, it can start to fade if not properly maintained. There are a number of easy things you can do before and after your treatment to make your tan last longer. Here are my top ten tips to help you enjoy your tan for longer:
- Prepare your skin in advance with plenty of moisturiser after you shower or bathe in the week leading up to your tan.
- Buff your body with a gentle exfoliator to remove any dead skin at bay and prevent patchiness.
- Take extra care with your elbows, knees, wrists and ankles where dryness can attract excess tan. Keep them soft with plenty of moisturiser.
- Keep hands and feet moisturised with sleep-in moisturising gloves and socks. These are ideal to leave on overnight in the week before your treatment to prevent dry skin.
- Give your back a good scrub with a long-handled exfoliator brush so you don’t miss any bits – or better yet get your other half to help out!
- You can ask your spray tan therapist to apply some barrier cream over your eyebrows prior to tanning you to help prevent visible tide marks.
- Wear loose-fitting and dark coloured clothing after your tan. Avoid any tight waistbands which can leave tan marks or light clothing which can be easily marked.
- Leave your legs bare after tanning if possible to minimise the risk of streaks.
- Check that you are satisfied with your tan with a full body mirror before your tanning therapist leaves or you leave the salon.
- Gentle exfoliation and plenty of moisturiser is essential following your spray tan to keep your colour maintained for longer between appointments.
So there you have it, my top ten tanning commandments for a heavenly tan! Do you have any of your own tanning tips that you would like to share? Leave a comment 🙂
Thanks for reading!